1. A patient with newly diagnosed colon cancer has a nursing diagnosis of deficient knowledge about colon cancer. The nurse should initially focus on which learning goal for this patient?
2. After the nurse provides dietary instructions for a patient with diabetes, the patient can explain the information but fails to make the recommended dietary changes. How would the nurse evaluate the patient's situation?
3. A patient is diagnosed with heart failure after being admitted to the hospital for shortness of breath and fatigue. Which teaching strategy, if implemented by the nurse, is most likely to be effective?
4. A patient who was admitted to the hospital with hyperglycemia and newly diagnosed diabetes mellitus is scheduled for discharge the second day after admission. When implementing patient teaching, what is the priority action for the nurse?
5. A patient states, “I told my husband I wouldn’t buy as much prepared food snacks, so I will go the grocery store to buy fresh fruit, vegetables, and whole grains.” When using the Transtheoretical Model of Health Behavior Change, the nurse identifies that this patient is in which stage of change?