TRADITIONAL GRAMMAR: SHOULD IT BE ENDED OR MENDED?
After studying the unit, and completing the activities, you should be able to -
1. explain the term model as applied to traditional grammar;
2. outline at least five of the limitations of traditional grammar as a model for the description of contemporary English.
3. recognise, and define, the eight parts of speech in traditional terms;
4 give an alternative definition of adjective from the traditional one;
5 identify determiners and auxiliary verbs, and justify their inclusion as additional parts of speech;
6 defend the continued use of traditional grammar in TEFL but with modification.
MORE ABOUT WORDS
After studying the unit and completing the activities, you should be able to:-
1. list both content words and structural wards;
2 list and exemplify five characteristics of each set;
3. understand the term word families;
4. list marked expressions for at least three verbs and, one noun;
5. suggest a few basic procedures for teaching of vocabulary;
Download all 87 pages for € 8,99Add document to cart