ADVANCED ATI MED- SURG FINAL EXAM
104 C0RRECT QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
1. A nurse in a burn treatment center is caring for a client who is admitted with severe burns to both lower extremities and is pending an escharotomy. The client’s spouse asks the nurse what the procedure entails. Which of the following
nursing statements is appropriate?
a. “large incisions will be made in the eschar to improve circulation”
b. “ I can call the doctor back here if you want me to”
c. “a piece of skin will be removed and grafted over the burned area”
d. “dead tissue will be surgically removed”
2. A nurse is monitoring the fluid replacement of a client who has sustained burns. Which of the following fluids is used in the first 24 hours following a burn injury?
a. 5% dextrose in water
b. 5% dextrose in normal saline
c. normal saline
d. lactated ringers
3. A nurse is caring for a client who has full-thickness burns all over 75% of his body. Which of the following methods is appropriate to accurately monitor the cardiovascular system?
a. auscultate cuff blood pressure
b. palpate pulse pressure
c. obtain a central venous pressure
d. monitor the pulmonary artery pressure
4. A nurse is assessing the depth and extent of a client who has severe burns to the face, neck, and upper extremities. Which of the following factors is the first priority when assessing the severity of the burn?
a. Age of the client
b. Associated medical history
c. Location of the burn
d. Cause of the burn
5. A client arrives at the emergency dept following an explosion at the chemical plant. He has deep partial and full-thickness chemical burns over more than 25 % of his body surface area. What is the nurse’s priority intervention?
a. Initiate fluid resuscitation
b. Medication for pain
c. Administer antibiotics
d. Maintain a patent airway
Download all 19 pages for € 8,99Add document to cart