1. The student nurse is preparing education for the parents of a 6yo that will begin Fe supps following a dx of Fe deficient anemia. What should be included in the ed. Select all that apply.
o Fe should be given with a glass of OJ
o Given with Food
o Black tarry stools
o Cause constipation
o Cause increase in appetite
2. Pedi nurse assesses 7mo infant brought to the clinic with S/S of irritability N?V and taut anterior fontanel. Based on the standard growth chart, the nurse notes that the child has an increased head circumference which may indicate which of the following med conditions?
o Brain tumor
o Gastrointestinal infection
o Acute lymphocytic leukemia
o Chronic lyphocytic leukemia
3. To offset chemo related effects of nausea and vomiting. The pediatric nurse administers which medications?
4. The periatric nurse is familiar with kubler ross stages of grief. Parents who are feeling confused and refuse to discuss the disease with any nurse or doctor are in which stage of grief?
5. During a pedi nursing orientation session to a new unit. The child like specialist is introduced as an important member of the healthcare team. What is an important role of the child like specialist.
o To provide opportunities for therapeutic play and information
o To accompany children on their way to surgery
o To assist with family counseling regarding discipline and limits
o To describe normal growth and development to parents and families
6. The pedi nurse is caring for a child who has been in a motor vehicle collision. The dr explains to the family that there serious physical disabilities. The father is upset and states I don’t know how I will be able to cope. I have two other children. What can I do? What is the nurses response?
o You obviously were not listening to the dr. he can explain it to you again
o Don’t worry. You will be able to manage
o Don’t worry. You will get through the crisis
o Many parents find the initial news to be overwhelming. What questions can I answer for you?
7. Asking the pregnant woman about her use of recreational drug is essential component of the prenatal hx. The use of rec drugs cause harm to the fetus resulting in which OB outcomes? Select all.
o Miscarriage/ spontaneous abortions
o Low birth weight
o Postterm labor birth
o Cord prolapse
8. Management of primary dysmenorrhea often requires a multifaceted approach. The nurse who provides care for a client with this condition should be away that the optimal pharm therapy for pain is?
o Oral contraceptives
9. Screening at 23wks reveals that a pregnant woman has gest DM. in planning her care the nurse and the woman mutually agree that an expected outcome is to prevent injury to the fetus as a result of GDM. What is the fetus at greatest risk for?
o Preterm birth
o Low birth weight
o Congenital anomalies of the CNS
10. The nurse caring for a pregnant client knows that her health teach regarding fetal circulation has been effective when the client reports that she has been sleeping in what position?
o On her back with a pillow under her knees
o In a sidelying position
o On her abs
o With HOB elevated
11. Which of the following are S/S that a pregnant woman should report immediately to her health care provider? Select all.
o Decreased libido
o Urinary frequency in early preg
o Ruptured membranes
o Vaginal bleed
o HA that do not respond to usual therapy
12. 34wks, experiencing preterm labor. Interventions nurse will provide for client. Select All.
o Iv fluid bolus
o Obtain urine specimen
o Place on fetal monitor
o Keep pt in supine for the FHR monitoring
o Follow phys standing order to ambulation as desired for comfort
13. Perinatal nurse prepare the labo
Download all 14 pages for $ 9,72Add document to cart