1. diagnosis-related groups. introduced in the early 1980s, which affect howmuch
hospitals are paid for a hospital stay, based on the patient's specific diagnosis and
2. put into place in the 1990s, which are a way to control health care costsfurther by
coordinating the care received by individuals on a case-by-casebasis.
Answer: managed care
3. an illness that comes on suddenly and is generally short duration.
4. an illness that develops slowly and continues for a long period of time.
Answer: - chronic illness
5. JointCommission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.paid by thehealth
care organizations to review their patient care; the credentials of theirproviders,
such as doctors and nurses; and the environment in which their patient care services
6. the line of authority in an organization.
Answer: chain of command
7. a group of various health care professionals who work together in the care of an
individual patient. the team ideally includes the patient and the patient'sfamily.
Answer: interdisciplinary team
8. a written plan that provides direction for each patients care, including the goals
for the patient and what actions are required to meet them. the plan ensures that
nursing care is consistent with the patients needs and progresstoward self-care.
Answer: care plan
9. a card-filling system that allows quick reference to patients care plan.
Answer: - Kardex
10. Activities of Daily Living. everyday activities or tasks, including eating,
dressing, bathing, and toileting.
Download all 9 pages for $ 11,88Add document to cart
Choose quality study materials for nursing schools to ensure success in your studies and future career.
"Welcome to ExamNavigator - your perfect study assistant! Here you will find cheat sheets, study materials, exams, quizzes, tests, and notes to prepare for exams and study successfully. Our store offers a wide selection of materials on various subjects and difficulty levels, created by experienced teachers and checked for quality. Our cheat sheets are an easy and quick way to remember key points and definitions. And our study materials, tests, and quizzes will help you absorb the material and prepare for exams. Our store also has notes and lecture summaries that will help you save time and make the learning process more efficient.
ati ati comprehensive predictor ati fundamentals proctored ati pharmacology comprehensive computer science fundamentals health care health care / nursing health care/ nursing hesi hesi rn exit law maternal newborn med surg medical nursing medical surgical mental health nurs nursing nursing & health pediatrics pharmacology test bank tncc More NURSING ›